NOTE: JBS Equipment manufactures and maintains equipment for agricultural industries. Our products and services are vital to farmers who produce the food we eat. Our business is considered an essential service and encouraged to maintain operations. Our priority is keeping our team safe and healthy throughout the COVID-19 crisis by embracing provincial guidelines like social distancing, limited gatherings, continuous sanitation of all common touch-points throughout our facilities and more.
JBS Equipment is a rapidly growing manufacturing company in Mission, BC. We are looking for experienced and talented Welder / Fabricators to help us build world class manure spreaders, forage trailers, bedding throwers and other related agriculture and custom products.
If you want to be part of building modern, high performance, high quality products, we want to talk to you. Come build dependable equipment for modern farming, right here in Mission, BC.
Day shift and Afternoon shift positions are available immediately! Day shift is 5 x 8’s, Monday to Friday, 7:00 am to 3:30 pm. Afternoon shift is 4 x 10’s, Monday to Thursday, 3:30 pm to 2:00 am.
- Competitive wages and wage parity based on experience and ability.
- Safe, clean, modern and reliable working environment.
- Overtime available.
- Extended health care benefits available.
- Unlimited opportunity for development, growth and advancement.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read, understand, and follow working drawings.
- Fit and weld steel components in various positions with GMAW, FCAW and MCAW.
- Work safely and accurately while following a strict production schedule.
- Trade certifications not required in lieu of experience.
- Punctuality and reliability are essential.
- Must be located within commuting distance of Mission, BC.
- Must have reliable transportation to get to work in Mission, BC.
- Must be able to pass weld test (GMAW: flat fillet, overhead fillet, open corner, vert. downhand. FCAW: flat fillet, vert. uphand fillet. MCAW: flat fillet),and drawing comprehension test.
- Must be able to read and understand working drawings.
- Must be able to work occasional weekends / overtime as required by work load.
- 2 years welding / fabricating experience preferred.
- Small rolling toolbox with basic hand tools (list provided in interview). JBS will pay to repair or replace tools worn out on the job.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb ladders.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 to 50 lbs.
- Occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 lbs with assistance.
- Ability to kneel, bend, squat, push, pull, and reach above and below waist.
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Full Time
- $18.00 to $32.00 /hour
- 10 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- Welding / Fabricating: 2 years (Required)