Shipper / Receiver
NOTE: JBS Equipment manufactures and maintains equipment for agricultural industries. Our products and services are vital to farmers who produce the food we eat. Our business is considered an essential service and encouraged to maintain operations. Our priority is keeping our team safe and healthy throughout the COVID-19 crisis by embracing provincial guidelines like social distancing, limited gatherings, continuous sanitation of all common touch-points throughout our facilities and more.
JBS Equipment is rapidly growing manufacturing company in Mission, BC. We are seeking an experienced Shipper / Receiver to help us build world class agriculture and custom products.
Shipping & Receiving is a vital part of our overall quality and manufacturing process, requiring strong attention to detail. Successful candidates handle incoming and outgoing products and materials, quickly, accurately and on schedule.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH JBS:
- Job security! We are growing and busier than ever.
- Safe and reliable working environment.
- Full time, permanent positions.
- Occasional overtime available.
- Extended health care benefits.
- Unlimited opportunities for development, growth, and advancement.
- Communicate with relevant parties/departments to ensure production and shipping schedules are accurate and can be attained.
- Ensure goods are well organized and adequately stocked to support production and business goals.
- Assemble packages and crates and pack goods to be shipped.
- Prepare packing lists, identifying information, customs declarations, commercial invoices and other documents for outgoing shipments.
- Determine appropriate and efficient shipping instructions / methods for outgoing products.
- Receive and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents, record shortages and reject damaged goods.
- Unpack and route goods to appropriate storage locations / bins.
- Maintain internal records-keeping system(s).
- Pick parts orders for internal jobs.
- Prepare part crates and ensure production departments have required materials on time.
- Investigate and solve issues with missing, damaged or lost company and customer goods.
- Maintain Open PO list.
- Attendance, punctuality and consistency are vital.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a full time Warehousing or Shipping/Receiving role.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience with preparing local, domestic and international shipping documents.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience loading and offloading materials to/from delivery trucks.
- Strong computer skills. Experience with QuickBooks, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must have a professional demeanor and superior customer service skills
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to read and understand working drawings, BOM, shipping documents.
- Must be able to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to perform basic math and measurement tasks.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Valid forklift operator certificate preferred.
- Valid Class 5 BC driver’s license.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb stairs or ladders.
- Regularly required to kneel; bend; squat; push; pull; reach above and below the waist.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. (occasionally more with assistance).
- Regularly visits to areas where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required.
- Occasional exposure to loud noises levels with supplied hearing protection.
- Warehouse environment; indoors, but can be cold in winter, hot in summer.
$18.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Shipper/Receiver: 2 years (Required)