Intermediate Mechanical Designer/Drafter
JBS began operating in 2005 and has quickly risen to the top as a leader in the manufacturing of manure spreaders, forage trailers, bedding throwers and other related agriculture products. All JBS equipment is designed and manufactured in Mission, British Columbia, Canada, in a state of the art fabrication and assembly plant. The success of JBS is due in a large part to the fact that every machine is designed and developed in direct consultation with the customer, and is customized to their needs.
Since JBS was founded they have continued to develop current products and design new ones. All of the JBS product groups are put to the test in the field to ensure excellent quality and functionality. JBS customers can rest assured they are investing in a machine that will maintain high productivity and give a worry free performance for years to come.
The primary role of the position is to design and develop models, assemblies, drawings, diagrams and schematics for immediate use by the production departments. Other duties include:
- Assist in the design and development of new products and other projects
- Ongoing maintenance and updates to existing product data.
- Analyze and problem solve engineering issues with creative solutions.
- Create / edit product manuals and Bill of Materials (BOM).
- Peer review of models and drawings.
- Understand and support in the development of company design standards and procedures.
- Work in compliance with company standards and procedures.The successful applicant will have extraordinary attention to detail and understand the importance of consistency, accuracy and reliability in their work.
Qualifications and Skills
- Punctuality and Reliability are essential.
- Must be located within commuting distance of Mission, BC.
- Must have reliable transportation to get to work in Mission, BC
- While preference is given to candidates with a Mechanical Technologist Diploma or equivalent, all applicants should have:
- Design and drafting experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with 3D CAD systems is required, preferably with Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD. Autodesk Vault experience is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in design of welded sheet metal assemblies.
- Ability to conceptualize in three dimensions.
- Ability to communicate effectively throughout multiple levels of an organization (customers, sales, purchasing, production, etc).
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Commercial awareness and technical knowledge of the industry is a bonus.
- Proficiency in the use of GD&T standards.
- Computer literacy in a Windows 10 environment, using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Fluency in both spoken and written English.
Additional Preferred Competencies
- Familiarity with ERP systems and product data management tools like Autodesk Vault.
- Familiarity with Engineering Change Management processes (ECR, ECO, ECN).
- Strong mechanical aptitude with hands-on experience.
What We Offer
- Safe and reliable working environment.
- Clearly defined, competitive compensation based on experience and qualifications.
- Overtime available.
- Extended health care benefits available.
- Opportunities for development, growth and advancement.
- $45,000 – $65,000 annually
How to Apply
Please fax or email your resume to us:
Fax: (604) 826-5392
Email: [email protected].