JBS began operating in 2005 and has quickly risen to the top as a leader in the manufacturing of manure spreaders, forage trailers, bedding throwers and other related agriculture products. All JBS equipment is designed and manufactured in Mission, British Columbia, Canada, in a state of the art fabrication and assembly plant. The success of JBS is due in a large part to the fact that every machine is designed and developed in direct consultation with the customer, and is customized to their needs.
Since JBS was founded they have continued to develop current products and design new ones. All of the JBS product groups are put to the test in the field to ensure excellent quality and functionality. JBS customers can rest assured they are investing in a machine that will maintain high productivity and give a worry free performance for years to come.
Job Type / Category
- Successful applicants will work on brand new equipment in the Assembly department, in a safe, modern, clean and well lit facility. Most of the work is installing hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic systems, along with general final assembly of gear boxes, components and other bolt on items. There are occasional repair or maintenance projects as required. This is NOT a boring assembly-line style position.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Read, understand, and follow working drawings.
- Install new parts including tires, wheels, mud flaps, etc.
- Install and plumb air systems.
- Install and plumb hydraulic systems.
- Install electrical components (lights, etc).
- Occasional repairs and warranty work.
- Identify areas of improvement, production efficiency and cost reduction.
- Work safely and accurately while following a strict schedule.
Qualifications and Skills
- Punctuality and Reliability are essential.
- Must be located within commuting distance of Mission, BC.
- Must have reliable transportation to get to work in Mission, BC
- Be able to read and understand working drawings.
- Have a small rolling, lockable toolbox with basic hand tools (list provided in interview).
- Be fluent in written and spoken English
- Be able to work occasional weekends / overtime as required by work load.
- Be highly organized and have good time management skills.
- Be able to prioritize multiple tasks under pressure.
- Be a self starter, able to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
Preferences is given to applicants who:
- Have 1-2 years in the Manufacturing or Mechanical Industries.
- Have previous experience with air / hydraulic systems.
What We Offer
- Safe and reliable working environment.
- Clearly defined, competitive compensation based on experience and qualifications.
- Extended health care benefits available.
- Opportunities for development, growth and advancement.
- Shift options totalling 40 hours per week: Days, or Afternoons with shift differential.
- Occasional overtime available.
- $18.00 – $25.00 per hour
How to Apply
Please fax or email your resume to us:
Fax: (604) 826-5392
Email: [email protected].